Amazing Vegan White Bean Soup recipe that is hearty, comfy and full of flavor. It is vegan, gluten-free and oil-free and perfect for those long winter months.
- 4 cups white beans, cooked or 8 oz dried (use Navy, Lima, Cannellini, Great Northern)
- 2 cups vegetable broth, or water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium potato, diced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes, or 2 teaspoon fresh leaves chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, or 1 sprig of fresh
- Pinch ground allspice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Pinch Cayenne pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes
- If you are using dried beans, prepare 8 oz of dried beans by sorting and washing. Soak in water to cover for 8 hours or overnight. The following day, drain and rinse beans and cook in water until tender.
- Place beans, water, onion, garlic, potato, carrot, marjoram, paprika, coconut milk, parsley, thyme, allspice, salt, cayenne pepper, bay leaf in a large pot. Bring to a boil, and reduce to simmer for 30 minutes or until desired thickness is reached. Add yeast flakes, check seasoning and serve immediately.