- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 large stalk celery diced
- 1 medium carrot diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes less to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 1/2 pounds Little Potato Company Creamer potatoes I used Blushing Belle, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 7 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 14 ounce can of Great Northern beans, drained & rinsed
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven set over medium heat. Add the onion, celery and carrot, and cook until the vegetables begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, rosemary, thyme, red pepper flakes and pepper, and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the tomato paste and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the potatoes and vegetable broth, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Decrease heat slightly and cook at a lively simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the beans and cook until the potatoes are tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir in the kale and cook until just wilted, about 1 minute. Season with salt.
- Serve & Enjoy!
Serving: 1.5Cups | Calories: 210.3kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 8.8g | Fat: 2.2g | Saturated Fat: 0.3g | Sodium: 556.3mg | Fiber: 9.9g | Sugar: 7.8g