This keto pecan pie is the real deal! You don’t have to miss out on this delicious classic southern pie while being on a keto diet! 😉
FOR THE CRUST:
- 1 ⅓ cup Almond flour
- ½ cup Coconut flour
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Xanthan gum
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 13 tbsp Very cold butter
FOR THE FILLING:
- ½ cup Keto Pecan Maple Syrup
- 2 Eggs
- ½ cup Monk Fruit, or choice of sweetener
- 2 tbsp Butter unsalted
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup Chopped pecans
- 1 tbsp Heavy whipping cream
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Start by creating your crust. Place all of the ingredients for the crust except the butter into a mixing bowl, and combine well.
- Cut the cold butter into the other ingredients, and beat with your mixer until well combined. You can alternatively use a food processor and pulse until combined if you like.
- Empty the dough onto some plastic wrap, wrap tightly, and place in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Once chilled, remove the dough, and push it into a greased pie pan. You can mold the dough out flat all the way around the pie pan, and pinch together the crust at the top. Try to distribute the dough as evenly as possible.
- Once the dough is lining the pie pan, poke holes in the bottom with a fork. Pre-bake the crust for 10 minutes, remove and let cool.
- To create the filling, mix all of the ingredients except the pecans in a mixing bowl. Combine well.
- Line the bottom of the cooled crust with 1 ½ cups of chopped pecans.
- Pour the filling mixture over the pecans, and level it out.
- Bake for 50 minutes or an hour until the filling has set. If the crust begins to get too brown, you can cover it with tin foil and continue to bake.
- Let the pie cool, and serve chilled. This crust is quite flaky, so if you are worried about presentation, use caution when cutting pieces and transferring them to plates.
YIELD: About 12 slices SERVING SIZE: 1 Slice
Amount Per Serving:CALORIES: 362.4 TOTAL FAT: 34g CARBOHYDRATES: Net Carbs: 4g FIBER: 11.6g PROTEIN: 5.75g