Guys I feel like I made history today. SERIOUSLY. If you are someone who eats low-carb then you will know what I mean when I say trying to find bread replacement options is NOT EASY. A lot of keto bread recipes I’ve tried in the past have been huge flops(literally, I’ve seen them deflate before my eyes..LOL). BUT THIS ONE…oh this one is so different. 🙂 🙂 😉
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp almond flour
- 2 tbsp vital wheat gluten (do not sub! This is the protein extracted from bread that gives it it’s elasticity. It has virtually no carbs and works great in low-carb baking to give items a more traditional feel!)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- pinch of baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp parmesan and herb seasoning (OR any other seasonings you prefer!)
- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp(65g) full fat sour cream
- Olive oil: optional, for brushing
- Preheat oven to 450*F.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add the sour cream and stir until a dough forms.
- Roll the dough into a ball and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Roll the dough out to your desired thickness, it will rise just slightly. Roll it thinner if you want a crispier result.
- Brush the dough with olive oil and sprinkle any toppings you’d like such as shredded cheese, parmesan etc.
- Bake for 5min (or longer for crisper texture), you don’t need to flip the bread but you can half-way through if you’d like both sides to be browned.