Mexican low carb chicken and zucchini recipe cooked in one skillet with black beans, corn, fresh herbs, taco seasoning and melted cheese on top.
- 1 tbsp avocado or coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium bell peppers, chopped
- 1 lb boneless & skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1” pieces
- 1 cup corn, frozen or fresh
- 2 large zucchini, diced
- 14 oz can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp cumin, divided
- 1 tsp salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup Tex Mex or Colby Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- Preheat large deep skillet on low – medium heat and swirl oil to coat. Add onion, garlic and bell pepper; saute for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Move vegetables to the side of the skillet and add chicken. Sprinkle with 1 tsp cumin, salt and black pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add corn, beans, tomatoes, zucchini, taco seasoning and remaining cumin. Stir, cover and cook on low-medium for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese, cover and cook for a few minutes or until cheese has melted. Top with green onion and cilantro. Serve hot, on its own or with brown rice or quinoa.