- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Crushed red chili pepper flakes, to taste
- 4 oz (115g) soft cream cheese
- 4 oz (115g) sun-dried tomatoes (roughly chopped) + 1 tablespoon of the oil from the jar
- 5 oz (140g) fresh spinach
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). In a small bowl, combine Italian seasoning, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Rub the chicken breasts with the sun-dried tomato oil, then season with the spice mixture on all sides. Arrange chicken breasts in a shallow baking dish.
- In a saute pan or skillet, wilt spinach with a small knob of butter and crushed chili pepper flakes. Drain well and set aside.
- Spread cream cheese on top of the chicken, then top with chopped sun-dried tomato. Add wilted spinach on top, then sprinkle with shredded Mozzarella.
- Bake in the oven for 20 – 30 minutes, until chicken is cooked through (internal temperature should reach 165°F – 74°C). Cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of your chicken breasts. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and serve immediately. Enjoy!
- The dish should be salty enough with cream cheese and Mozzarella, but you can add a pinch in the spice mix if you want.
- If you follow a regular, non-keto/low-carb diet, you can serve this chicken casserole over rice, quinoa, or pasta.