Avocado pasta is fast, fresh, and simple. The longest part of this recipe is cooking the pasta. The dairy-free avocado sauce is made in 5 minutes. 😉
- 8 ounces dry pasta
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 green onion, finely sliced
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated garlic
- Juice from a quarter of a lemon
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil and cook pasta according to package directions. Once cooked, reserve 1/2 cup of hot pasta water then drain pasta.
- Mash the avocado in a large bowl. Stir in the garlic and lemon juice then season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stir in a 1/4-cup of the reserved pasta water.
- Add pasta, tomatoes, and green onion then toss until the sauce coats the pasta. If the sauce is too thick, add a little more pasta water. Serve
NUTRITION PER SERVING: Serving Size About 1 cup, 1/4 of the recipe / Calories 295 / Total Fat 7.7g / Saturated Fat 1.5g / Cholesterol 5.1mg / Sodium 593.4mg / Carbohydrate 47.4g / Dietary Fiber 4.6g / Total Sugars 2.7g / Protein 9.6g