- 1 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- sauce, cheese, and toppings of your choice
- In a large bowl, dissolve sugar and salt in water. Add oil and flour to bowl and stir with heavy spoon for 1 minute. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and press into a circle.
- Sprinkle yeast evenly over dough and knead for 12 minutes. Divide dough into portions: 4 equal portions for calzones, 3 equal portions for 8″ pizzas, 2 equal portions for 12″ pizzas.