Pepperoni Pizza Keto Crustless Quiche will make a tasty breakfast option when you’re craving pizza but don’t want the carbs!
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 2 tsp. olive oil (for browning mushrooms)
- 1 can (2.25 oz.) sliced black olives, drained well (Olives are option but they’re good if you like olives on pizza.)
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded Italian Blend cheese (sometimes called Pizza cheese)
- 1 tsp. + 1/2 tsp. Italian Herb blend
- 4 eggs, beaten well
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (use half and half or milk if you prefer)
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 oz. sliced pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 400F/200C. Spray a 9 – 10 inch glass pie dish with non-stock spray.
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick frying pan. Add the sliced mushrooms and cook over medium-high heat until mushrooms release the liquid, the liquid evaporates, and mushrooms are cooked and lightly brown.
- While mushrooms cook, dump olives into a colander placed in the sink and let them them drain well.
- Combine the Mozzarella and Italian Blend Cheese in a bowl and sprinkle over the 1 tsp. Italian Herb Blend. Stir the cheese with a fork so the dried herbs are evenly distributed in the cheese. Place the cheese in the pie dish.
- Beat the eggs with a fork, then mix in the heavy cream, half and half, or milk. Mix the egg/cream mixture into the cheese in the pie dish, stirring well with a fork until all the cheese is completely coated with the egg mixture.
- Make a layer of browned mushrooms on top of the cheese/egg mixture. Top that with the sliced olives if using.
- Arrange the pepperoni slices in an overlapping layer over the top of the mushrooms and olives. Sprinkle with the other 1/2 teaspoon of Italian Herb Blend.
- Bake the quiche 30-35 minutes, or until the eggs are completely set and the pepperoni is starting to brown.
- Let quiche cool 3-5 minutes (it will sink down slightly as it cools. Serve hot.
- This will keep for several days in the refrigerator and reheats well in the microwave or in a pan on the stove.