Comforting and humble, this One Pot Ground Beef Stroganoff is full of beefy flavor. And there is only one pot to clean up after dinner!
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 8 oz crimini mushrooms, sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 4 cups low sodium beef broth*
- 8 oz dry rotini
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- fresh parsley, for serving
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium heat in a pot or large skillet. Add the mushrooms and cook until they are tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, then remove from the pot into a bowl and set aside.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in the same pot. Add the onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook until translucent, 4-5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant, 30-60 seconds. Add the ground beef and continue to cook, breaking up the beef with a spoon as it cooks, until it is browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle the paprika over the top and stir to combine.
- Pour in the beef broth and the pasta*. Bring to a light boil then cover the pot. Continue to cook, stirring often, until the pasta is al dente, 17-20 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the mushrooms and sour cream.
- Serve topped with fresh parsley.
*While 4 cups of beef broth always works well for me, many have commented that they ended up with too much liquid. You can always start with 3 cups of broth and add more if needed. Or if your end dish has more liquid than you like, you can leave the lid off of the pan for the last 5 minutes so that some of the liquid will evaporate. The cut of the pasta will also affect how much liquid you need.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.
- Calories: 586
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 312 mg
- Fat: 30 g
- Saturated Fat: 10 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 10 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 48 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 35 g
- Cholesterol: 84 mg