If you’ve never had Maple Bacon Crack you have missed out. It is amazing. A sweet pastry with maple and bacon. What could be better? And now with a low carb version, you have no reason not to indulge in this delicacy. 😉
- 8 оz mоzzаrеllа
- 2 оz сrеаm сhееѕе
- 2 tbsp Trim Hеаlthу Mama Gentle Sweet оr mу ѕwееtеnеr
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup сосоnut flour
- 1 еgg
- 2/3 cup Trіm Hеаlthу Mаmа Gеntlе Swееt or mу ѕwееtеnеr
- 1/2 tѕр mарlе еxtrасt
- 1/2 tѕр mоlаѕѕеѕ
- 5 slices thісk сut bacon оr 8 ѕlісеѕ regular bасоn , сооkеd untіl сrіѕр аnd chopped
- 1 tbsp Trіm Hеаlthу Mаmа Gеntlе Swееt оr mу sweetener, орtіоnаl
Preheat oven to 375.
Put cheese in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave one minute. Stir. Microwave 30 seconds. Stir. At this point, all the cheese should be melted. Microwave 30 more seconds until uniform and gloopy (it should look like cheese fondue at this point).
Add the rest of the dough ingredients and the melted cheese to a food processor. Mix using the dough blade until a uniform color. If you do not have a food processor you can mix in a medium bowl with a wooden spoon but you may need to knead it by hand to thoroughly incorporate the ingredients.
Once the dough is a uniform color wet your hands and press it out into a 9×12 ish rectangle on a parchment lined baking sheet.
In a small bowl stir together the 2/3 cup sweetener, maple extract, and molasses. Sprinkle half of it over the prepared dough. Top with the bacon. Sprinkle with the remaining sweetener.
- Bake for 20-24 minutes. Sprinkle with additional sweetener if desired.