LOW CARB TUNA CASSEROLE (KETO SEAFOOD CASSEROLE)
A very simple and tasty low carb and keto seafood casserole that is much lower in carbs than traditional recipes! This recipe can easily be adapted by substituting salmon, shrimp, or crab. The zucchini, cauliflower, and herbs add a nice fresh taste.
- 3 cups roasted cauliflower
- 2 cans (6 1/2 oz) tuna, salmon, crab, or shrimp
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons of dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon of your favorite fresh herb, chopped. Or, 1 teaspoon dried (dill, thyme, basil, chives)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt (I used Himalayan pink salt, but any salt is fine)
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 small zucchini, very thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded jack cheese (mozzarella, swiss, or cheddar will work fine too)
- 1/4 cup pork rind panko
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prep and assemble your ingredients. Drain tuna (or other seafood), and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine cauliflower, tuna, celery, green onions, mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, herbs, salt and pepper.
- In a buttered 1-1/2 quart baking dish, spoon half of the mixture. Layer half the zucchini and half the cheese. Top with remaining 1/2 of mixture, zucchini, and finish with cheese.
- Sprinkle pork rind panko over the top. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes until the dish is hot and cheese is bubbly.
- Sprinkle with fresh herbs and serve. Also good with fresh diced tomatoes and avocado
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 25.5g||39%|
|Total Carbohydrate 4.8g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.4g||6%|