LOW CARB SMOKED SALMON FRITTATA
Incredibly easy low carb and keto smoked salmon frittata. Savory smoked salmon with melted cheese and sauteed vegetables. Enjoy!
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup cream (or milk)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4 oz smoked salmon, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 cup gouda, grated (or other favorite cheese)
- 1/8 cup chives, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup dill, chopped or 2 tsp dried
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl whisk eggs, milk or cream, salt, and pepper together.
- In a 10″ or 12″ oven-proof skillet saute onion in olive oil over medium-high heat until soft
- Sprinkle smoked salmon, zucchini, gouda, chives, parsley, and dill over onions distributing evenly in the skillet.
- Immediately pour the egg and milk mixture over the ingredients in the skill and cook until the edges start to pull away (usually 5 or 6 minutes).
- Bake remaining time in oven until set. (A 10″ skillet bakes for about 15 minutes, and a 12″ skillet about 12 minutes).
You can easily substitute dried herbs for fresh ones. If using dried herbs it works best to whisk them in the egg and milk mixture first.
Cooked asparagus makes a great substitution in this recipe!
Feel free too experiment with different meats and cheeses. Bacon or sausage is an easy swap for smoked salmon!