How to Make Chicken with Spinach and Feta
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 lb chicken breast boneless skinless
- 8 oz frozen chopped spinach
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese grated
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper optional
- Garnish optional
- Grape tomatoes halved
Preheat the oven to 375˚F.
Thaw the spinach and wring as much of the water from it as possible.
In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese with the garlic powder, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and cayenne pepper and mix until combined. Stir in the milk and then the feta cheese and spinach, mixing until combined.
Place the chicken breasts flat in a single layer in the bottom of a large casserole dish. Spread the chicken with the spinach mixture and then sprinkle the mozzarella cheese evenly over the top.
Bake for approx 40-50 minutes on the middle rack of the oven until the chicken is cooked through (165˚F internal temp)
Garnish with grape tomatoes and serve hot! Enjoy!
- You can cut the chicken in half, chunks, or use chicken tenderloins in lieu of full chicken breasts to make serving easier. Cooking time may be reduced.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for 3-4 days in the refrigerator or in the freezer for up to a month.