LOW CARB CHICKEN ENCHILADAS (KETO ZUCCHINI ENCHILADA BOATS)
You will love these low carb and keto chicken enchiladas made with zucchini! This low carb chicken recipe made with zucchini, instead of the traditional tortillas, is extra cheesy and loaded with flavor from the green enchilada sauce! This is the perfect healthy dinner recipe that your family will love.
- 4 medium zucchini, sliced lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound of ground chicken
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 oz. cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1/4 sour cream
- 1/4 cup queso fresco
- 1 cup green enchilada sauce
- 2 cups grated jack cheese (mozzarella is fine too)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Grease a 13 x 9 casserole dish with olive oil, butter, or nonstick spray.
- Slice zucchini lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop out the center of the zucchini.
- Place zucchini in the baking dish and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes until zucchini are tender when pierced with a fork.
- While zucchini are baking, add 1 tablespoon olive oil to a skillet over medium high heat and cook chicken until done (chicken is done when it is no longer pink).
- Mix in with water, stirring until combined.
- Add cream cheese, sour cream, queso fresco, enchilada sauce, and 1 cup of the jack cheese to the cooked chicken. Stir until combined and cream cheese is melted.
- Cover and keep mixture warm until zucchini are done baking.
ASSEMBLE AND BAKE
- Once zucchini are done baking, remove from oven and spoon warm chicken mixture into each boat.
- Top with remaining green enchilada sauce and then the remaining 1 cup of jack cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until cheese is melted and enchiladas are heated through.
- Serve with your favorite toppings – sour cream, salsa verde, avocado, and cilantro are my favorites!