- 2 cups almond flour
- 3 tbsp splenda (or low carb sweetener of your choice)
- 1 rounded tsp baking powder
- 4 eggs (at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a muffin pan with 12 muffin tin liners.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the wet ingredients.
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients except for the blueberries.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined (do not over mix).
- Carefully fold in the blueberries.
- Divide the mixture between the 12 muffin tin liners, and bake for 20-25 minutes or until set in the middle and golden brown on the top.
According to my calculations, there are about 8 grams of carbs and 7 grams of protein in each muffin.