This Lettuce-Free Keto Cobb Salad has all the Cobb salad ingredients you love without the lettuce!
- 4 eggs, hard-cooked and then diced
- 2 cups cooked rotisserie chicken, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 2 avocados, diced and tossed with lime juice
- 12 slices bacon, cooked crisp and then crumbled (We used pre-cooked bacon that we crisped in the microwave.)
- 1 cup diced tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Blue Cheese Dressing of your choice (plus buttermilk, milk, half and half, or heavy cream to thin the dressing if desired.)
- Use one of the methods for Perfect Hard-Cooked Eggs to cook the eggs while you prep the other ingredients. When they’re done, put the eggs into ice water to cool.
- Cut up the chicken into 3/4 inch pieces.
- Crisp bacon in the microwave for about 1 minutes (for pre-cooked bacon) or cook in a frying pan until crisp, then crumble the bacon.
- Cup up enough tomatoes or cherry tomatoes to make 1 cup of diced tomatoes.
- Crumble enough blue cheese (or Gorgonzola cheese) to make 1 cup crumbled blue cheese.
- As soon as eggs are cool, peel them and coarsely chop.
- Arrange the ingredients in rows in a glass serving dish (or just toss together in a bowl if you prefer.)
- If you want to thin the dressing, use equal parts purchased blue cheese dressing and buttermilk, milk, half and half or heavy cream. You can adjust it to your own preference, I like slightly more dressing than buttermilk when I make it.
- Serve salad with dressing on the side for each person to drizzle over as they eat it.