Skip to content
- 1 pound of chicken
- 1.5 cups of chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 4.5 oz can cut green chilies
- 1 jalapeño cut into cubes
- One green pepper in cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1/4 cup whipped cream
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne (optional)
- In a large pot, season chicken with cumin, oregano, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Brown both sides over medium heat until golden brown.
- Add the stock to the pot, cover and cook the chicken for 15-20 minutes or until fully cooked.
- While the chicken is cooking, melt the butter in a medium skillet.
- Add the chilies, the diced jalapeño, the green pepper and the onion to the pan and sauté until the vegetables soften.
- Add chopped garlic and sauté for an additional 30 seconds and turn off the heat, set aside
- Once the chicken is completely cooked, tritúrelo with a fork and add it to the broth again
- Add the sautéed vegetables to the pot with chicken and broth and simmer for 10 minutes
- In a medium bowl, soften the cream cheese in the microwave until you can remove it (20 sec)
- Mix the cream cheese with heavy whipped cream.
- Stirring quickly, add the mixture to the pot with chicken and vegetables.
- Simmer an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve with favorite dressings such as: pepper jack cheese, avocado slices, cilantro, sour cream.