Keto Sausage Breakfast Bake Recipe
This is the perfect recipe for a “not so eggy” keto sausage breakfast bake! I love egg bakes, but some of them are so egg heavy. This one is full of meat and veggies first and then complimented with eggs and cheese.
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 1 green pepper, finely diced
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 2 cups cauliflower rice
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 3/4 cup mozzarella shredded cheese, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 8×8 pan with 1 teaspoon of coconut oil.
- In a large skillet, brown ground sausage.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons coconut oil in medium pan over medium heat.
- Saute peppers for 5 minutes.
- Add cauliflower rice, onion, and garlic to peppers and continue sauteing for 7 more minutes.
- The sausage should be done by now. When it is done, add pepper mixture and combine well.
- In a medium bowl, add eggs, sour cream, almond milk and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Pour meat mixture into the bottom of the 8×8 pan.
- Pour egg mixture over the top of the meat mixture.
- Add remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella and pepper on top.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until eggs are done.
Amount Per Serving Calories328.16 Total Fat26.84g Saturated Fat11.59g Sodium570.22mg Carbohydrates 3.77g Fiber0.98g Sugar2.03g Protein18.23g