- ⅛ of a small green cabbage, finely diced (about a ⅓ cup)
- 8 slices Mozzarella cheese (not fresh Mozzarella), or can also use Monterey Jack cheese slices
- ¼ lb ground pork or ground chicken
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp minced green onion
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons coconut aminos or tamari sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos or tamari sauce
- 2 tbsp organic white vinegar (not rice vinegar)
- ¼ tsp chili oil * optional
- Preheat oven to 375℉ (190 ℃) and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper (not wax paper). Arrange mozzarella cheese slices on parchment paper (4 slices on each sheet) with enough space in between each slice so they won’t melt into each other. Set aside.
- In a frying pan over medium high heat brown ground pork or chicken. Add sesame oil, coconut aminos or tamari sauce, minced garlic, diced cabbage, minced ginger, and green onion and saute until fragrant (about 2 to 3 minutes).
- Turn heat down to lowest setting, cover and simmer for 2 minutes. Turn off heat but leave the lid on to keep warm.
- Place baking sheets with cheese into the preheated oven and bake for 4 to 6 minutes or until the edges of cheese are browning. *Leave the oven on, as these will return to the oven later.*
- Remove from oven and let cheese cool for a couple of minutes to firm but not completely harden.
- Add 2 tsp of meat cabbage filling to the center of each cheese slice and fold one corner of cheese over to the opposite corner pressing down firmly to make a triangle shape. The potstickers won’t seal at the edges but they only need to stay folded over as the edges will seal in the oven heat when returned to the oven.
- Once all are folded over, return to the 375 ℉ oven and bake for 2 to 3 more minutes or until edges of potstickers have melted together to seal.
- Remove from oven and let cool just until the cheese shell is firm enough to pick up the potsticker and have it keep its shape without bending.
- In a small bowl mix all the dipping sauce ingredients together and serve with potstickers.