- 1lb Ribeye or Strip Steak (Thin cut preferred)
- 1 large Green Bell pepper
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 4 cloves chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup shredded Swiss (Or cheese of your choice)
- 5 slices of Provolone Cheese (Or use additional shredded cheese)
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Garlic powder
- Cut Green pepper in to thin strips or chop, removing any of the white membrane and seeds. Cut onion in to thin strips or chop.
- Slice the Ribeye in to bite-sized pieces and season with a little salt, pepper, and garlic powder to your liking.
- Cut the cauliflower in to florets and break in to bite sized pieces. Place in a microwave container with a tablespoon of water and microwave, covered, for 7 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is microwaving, start a skillet over medium heat. Melt the butter and then add the garlic. Cook for 1 minute stirring frequently. Add heavy whipping cream and bring to a simmer. Season with a little salt and pepper. Allow the cream to simmer for about 4 minutes, or until it just starts to thicken. Then remove the skillet from the heat and whisk in the shredded cheese until it has melted.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together cauliflower and cheese sauce. Spread in a medium sized baking dish. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and cook the cauliflower for 20 minutes.
- While the “mac n’ cheese” is baking, heat a skillet or wok to high heat. Once hot, add 1 tablespoon of Avocado oil and cook the steak for about 2 minutes, stirring about every 30 seconds to allow the steak to brown. Add Worcestershire and toss with the steak for a few seconds. Remove immediately and set to the side.
- Lower the skillet temperature to medium/medium high temperature (add a little more oil if needed) and begin to stir fry the veggies for 5 minutes or so. The veggies should be tender with just a little bite to them. Remove and set to the side once finished.
- When the mac n’ cheese is finished. Mix in the peppers and onions in to the Mac n cheese and spread evenly in the baking dish. Top with the cooked steak and then the sliced cheese over top of the steak.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese begins to brown and serve.
Protein: 39.4 grams (24%)
Carbohydrates: 14.3 grams (8%)
Fiber: 3.5 grams
Net Carbs: 10.8 grams
Fat: 51.3 grams (68%)