Who would have thought that cookies can taste REFRESHING? These easy Keto lemon cookies are the perfect combination of tart, zesty and sweet. A must make for lovers of summer and of all things lemon! 😉
- 1/4 cup / 55g / 2 oz cream cheese full fat
- 1/4 cup / 55g / 2 oz butter unsalted
- 5 tbsp powdered erythritol (6 tbsp if you like a sweet cookie)
- 1 egg medium
- 2 cup / 200g almond flour NOT super-fine. Ground almonds / almond meal works well
- 4 tbsp lemon juice (circa 1 large lemon)
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup / 30g powdered erythritol
- 1.5 tbsp lemon juice
- lemon zest, to taste
Cream the butter, cream cheese, 4 tbsp lemon juice and lemon zest together with the powdered erythritol until smooth. Use a food processor or an electric mixer.
Add the egg and mix until well-combined. Last, add the almond flour and mix.
The dough is fairly soft at this stage. Wrap it in cling film and place either in the fridge for 20 – 30 minutes or in the freezer for about 10 minutes.
Pre-heat the oven to 180 Celsius / 356 Fahrenheit.
Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Form 12 cookie dough balls and place them on the tray, flattening them slightly with your hand.
Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned at the bottom (and ever so slightly browned on top).
Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- Stir together the lemon juice, powdered erythritol and lemon zest for the glaze and spread over the cooled cookies.
One cookie weighed on average 30 grams and has 2 g net carbs. The cookies are generous in size and I think one cookie makes a good portion.
The cookies are very fragile when hot. They firm up once they cool down. Avoid handling them wile they are still warm.
Nutrition FactsKeto Lemon CookiesAmount Per Serving (30 g)Calories 150Calories from Fat 129% Daily Value*Fat 14.3g22%Saturated Fat 4g25%Sodium 23mg1%Carbohydrates 3.6g1%Fiber 1.7g7%Sugar 1.1g1%Protein 4.4g9%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.