Keto German Chocolate Cake
Rich and tender German chocolate cake is slathered in a coconut pecan caramel frosting that is addictive and delicious.
- 2 ¼ cup Almond Meal Flour
- ¾ cup Coconut Flour
- ½ cup Dagoba Cocao Powder
- 1 tbs Monkfruit Golden Sweetener
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 5 Eggs
- ½ cup Erythritol
- 2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 1/4 cup Grass Fed Butter (melted)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 ½ cup Grass Fed Butter
- 3/4 cups Classic Monkfruit Sweetener
- ¾ Cup Erythritol
- 5 Egg Yolks
- 1 ½ cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 ½ Cup Unsweetened Coconut
- 1 ½ cup Chopped Pecans
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350˚.
- Prepare pans: Butter and line with parchment paper. This recipe accommodates two 8-inch round pans. (I opted to use my rectangular pans so that I would not have to cut me cakes to fill the layers.)
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift Almond Flour, Coconut Flour, Golden Monkfruit Sweetener, Dagoba Cocao Powder, Salt and Baking Soda to avoid clumps. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix Eggs, melted Butter, Heavy Whipping Cream, and Vanilla extract until combined well.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients until mixed well.
- Fill pans and pop in the oven.
- Wrap cake pans with baking strips
- Cook until inserted toothpick comes out clean. (because I used rectangular shallow pans, For 8 inch pans cooking time will vary between 20 and 30 minutes. I cooked my cakes for 20 minutes.)
- When cakes are cooked let cool in the pan for 5 minutes and then remove from pan and let them cool completely on cooling racks. Cut each cake so that in the end you have a 4 layer cake.
- While cakes are cooling, whisk Egg Yolks and Heavy Whipping cream until combined well.
- In a heavy sauce pan on medium heat melt butter and erithrytol stirring until the erithrytol is dissolved. (Be careful not to burn)
- Add Eggs and Heavy Whipping Cream stirring constantly until it thickens about 20 mins.
- When the topping is the consistency of gravy remove from heat and stir in Vanilla, Coconut, and Pecans. Still until the topping is cooled.
- Assemble your cake making sure to put filling between every layer and then on the top.
Enjoy ! 😉