Keto Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup granulated erythritol or other low-carb sweeteners
- ¼ cup (½ stick) unsalted butter, ghee or coconut oil, softened
- ⅓ cup plus 3 teaspoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon unflavored grass-fed beef gelatin
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of fine Himalayan salt
- 1 (4-ounce) bar stevia-sweetened semisweet baking chocolate, finely chopped, or ½ cup stevia-sweetened semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with a fork or wire whisk until frothy. Add the vanilla extract, erythritol, and fat and whisk until well combined.
- Add the coconut flour, gelatin, baking soda, and salt to the wet ingredients. Using a rubber spatula, mix the ingredients together until a dough forms.
- Fold the chopped chocolate into the dough.
- Using a medium-sized cookie scoop or a tablespoon, scoop up a rounded tablespoon of the dough and shape it into a 1-inch ball. Repeat with the rest of dough, placing the dough balls on the lined baking sheet, 2 inches apart. (You should have a total of twelve.)
- Using the palm of your hand, gently flatten the balls so they are about ½ inch thick. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until the edges are lightly browned.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool to room temperature on the baking sheet before handling. The more they cool, the chewier they will be. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.