This easy keto cheeseburger casserole is hearty and filling and makes a wonderful low carb alternative to a cheeseburger.
The ingredients you’ll need
You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make this tasty recipe. The exact measurements are included in the recipe card below. Here’s an overview of what you’ll need:
- Olive oil
- Extra-lean ground beef
- Onion and garlic
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Unsweetened ketchup
- Shredded cheddar
How to make keto cheeseburger casserole
This casserole is a wonderful option if you follow a keto or a low carb diet. You get all the wonderful flavors of a cheeseburger, without the soggy, spongy bun. Really, who needs a bun anyway? 😉
Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions. The basic steps are super easy:
- Start by cooking the beef and onion in olive oil.
- Add the garlic, salt, and black pepper.
- Off heat, stir in the mayo, ketchup, mustard, and half the cheese.
- Transfer to a greased baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake about 15 minutes at 400°F.