How To Make Low Carb Pulled Pork In The Slow Cooker
I’m a huge fan of slow cooker Keto recipes. There’s nothing worse than taking two hours to make dinner and by the time it’s done you don’t even want it anymore. For this easy carnitas recipe, I threw all the ingredients in my slow cooker turned it on low, 8 hours later it was done and the meat was cooked perfectly!
- 3.5 lbs Pork Shoulder or Loin
- 2 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 4 teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 3 teaspoons Dried Oregano
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Ground Black Pepper
- 4 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Onions, roughly chopped
- Juice from 2 Oranges
- Juice from 2 Limes
- Several Heads of Bibb Lettuce
- Fresh cilantro (optional)
- chopped red onion (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine chili powder, ground cumin, dried oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Season the pork on all sides and place the seasoned pork in your lined slow cooker.
- Add the garlic, chopped onions, orange juice, and lime juice.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
- Use two forks to shred the meat. No need to take the pork out of the slow cooker for this step.
- Serve on Bibb lettuce, garnished with cilantro, chopped red onion and sour cream (optional)
Nutrition Facts are based on 1 oz of Carnita on one piece of bib lettuce. Sour Cream and additional toppings not included. Bib lettuce is usually small so I typically have 3-4 Carnita lettuce wraps as a meal.