Green Chile Cauliflower Rice Bake is a low carb remake of an old family favorite. 😉
2 tbsp butter
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 cups cauliflower rice
- 1 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 4 oz canned green chiles drained
- 1/2 cup sour cream full fat
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Butter or grease an 8×8 pan and set aside.
- If using frozen cauliflower rice, cook to package directions, usually about 3 minutes. If using fresh cauliflower rice, steam for 3-4 minutes on the stove-top or in the microwave until slightly tender. Take the steamed cauliflower rice and squeeze or press between paper towels to remove the excess moisture and set aside. You want the rice to be fairly dry so your dish isn’t watery!
- Melt butter in a medium sauté pan over medium high heat. Add celery and onions. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until tender. Turn down heat to medium and add cream to the pan and stir constantly and reduce by half, until thick and creamy and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine cauliflower rice, ½ cup of each cheese, chiles, sour cream, veggie mixture and seasonings and stir till incorporated. Spread mixture evenly in the prepared pan and top with remaining cheese. Bake at 325 for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly…Enjoy! 😉