Oven pancake, Dutch baby, German pancake, puffed pancake, puffed oven pancake, Bismarck, and my family’s favorite, the hootenanny pancake; whatever you call yours, you’ll LOVE this low carb version for the keto diet!
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch Himalayan pink salt or sea salt
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 strawberries and butter, for serving
- 1 packet stevia or monkfruit sweetener, (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- While the oven is preheating, add 5 tablespoons butter to an 8” x 8” glass or ceramic baking dish. Place the dish in the preheating oven. Allow the butter to melt completely and remove from oven.
- Add cream cheese, eggs, baking soda, cinnamon, vanilla, sea salt, and vinegar to a blender. Blend until smooth and there are no bits of cream cheese visible.
- Pour mixture into baking dish. Bake in 425 degree oven for 11-15 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Serve each portion topped with a pat of butter and one sliced strawberry.
YIELD: 4 SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 281 TOTAL FAT: 34.5g SATURATED FAT: 14g TRANS FAT: 0g CARBOHYDRATES: 2.2g FIBER: 0g PROTEIN: 8g