These Garlic Butter Steak and Potato Foil Packets are an easy family dinner recipe for summer.Enjoy! 😉
- 1.5 pounds steak sirloin
- 1 pound baby potatoes cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 onion halved and then thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter cubed
Make the foil packets
- Prep the steak: Cut the steak into pieces (2.5 – 3 inches for well done, 3 – 4 inches for medium, 5 inches for rarer steak). Marinate it if you like.
- Combine ingredients: Place the steak, potatoes, onion, olive oil, parsley, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in a large bowl and toss well.
- Assemble foil packets: Set out 4 pieces of aluminum foil, at least 12×12 inches. Evenly divide the steak and potatoes between the middles of the foil sheets. Top with butter cubes, then fold the foil over the steak and potatoes and seal well.
Cook the foil packets
- On the grill/fire: On a HOT grill, cook the foil packets for 10-12 minutes per side, or until the potatoes are tender.
- In the oven: Bake the steak foil packets at 425°F for around 25-30 minutes, or until done to your liking. If you want a char on the steaks, open the packets and broil for 3-4 minutes in the end.
- Careful when opening the packets – hot steam ahead!