Crispy bite sized pieces of tender cauliflower coated in a panko and parmesan crust seasoned with a creole/cajun spice mix that is so addictive that you will never reach for that bag of microwave popcorn again
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into bite sized florets
- 1/2 cup flour (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 1/2 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- oil for frying
- Working in batches dredge the cauliflower florets in the flour, dip into the eggs, and coat in the mixture of the breadcrumbs, parmesan and creole seasoning before frying them in oil heated to medium-high (~350F/180C) until golden brown and setting them aside on paper towels to drain.
- Enjoy warm by itself or with your favourite dipping sauce.
Option: Bake them by placing them in a single layer on a wire rack on a baking sheet and baking in a preheated 425F oven until golden brown, about 15-20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 337, Fat 13.8g (Saturated 3.9g, Trans 0), Cholesterol 92mg, Sodium 346mg, Carbs 34g (Fiber 5g, Sugars 4g), Protein 15g