- 1 9” pie crust, (homemade or store-bought)
- 1/4 cup Challenge Butter melted
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- Pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place your crust in a 9” pie plate and crimp edges as desired. Chill until ready to fill.
- Whisk melted butter, sugar, and eggs until smooth. Add the salt, flour, cornmeal, vanilla, and vinegar, whisk until smooth, then whisk in milk. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Place the pie crust on a cookie sheet and fill with filling. Cover the edges of the crust with a pie shield or strips of foil to reduce browning. Bake for 38-48 minutes or until the top is golden and is mostly solid.
- Cool completely before slicing (it slices best cold, but tastes better room temperature). Serve plain or with whipped cream or ice cream.
Serving: 1/10th pie | Calories: 432kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 68mg | Sodium: 65mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 43g