Lettuce wraps filled with spicy taco-spiced chicken, avocado, tomato, and drizzled with a zesty cilantro lime sauce. This healthy nutritious low-carb meal is a delicious protein packed option and great if you are on a low-carb, paleo or keto diet! 😉
Grilled Taco Chicken
- 1 pound Boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 leaves Romaine Lettuce rinsed
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 tomato diced
- 1/4 cup onion diced
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt or sour-cream or mayo
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 jalapeno optional
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Pinch of salt
To Cook Chicken
- Add the chicken, garlic, olive oil, and spices in a large bowl or zip-seal bag. Place in fridge and let marinate for at least 15-30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade. Place chicken on a grill or pan heated to medium-high heat. Let chicken cook until it is no longer pink on the inside, about 9-10 minutes per side (or until it has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees F).
To Make Cilantro Sauce
Place all the ingredients in the food processor and blend for 1 minute or until creamy.
Layer lettuce wraps with chicken, tomatoes, onion, and avocado. Drizzle with cilantro sauce or your favorite taco sauce.
Nutrition FactsChicken Taco Lettuce Wraps (Healthy, Low-carb, Keto)Amount Per Serving (1 tacos)Calories 161Calories from Fat 82% Daily Value*Total Fat 9.1g14%Saturated Fat 1.5g8%Cholesterol 42.5mg14%Sodium 382.9mg16%Total Carbohydrates 6.1g2%Dietary Fiber 1.2g5%Sugars 2.3gProtein 14.5g29%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.