It’s one of my favorite comfort foods and reminds me of my childhood. Who doesn’t love meatloaf? My mom’s was famous (well it was to me), and so I wanted to create it in a low carb meatloaf for my family to enjoy. A keto cheese stuffed meatloaf sounds good, huh? Now we just have to make it without breadcrumbs or oats!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 large onion, chopped and sauteed
- 8 oz sliced provolone cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped parsley (we use these herb shears)
- Chop and sautee onion with a little oil. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl (OXO makes the best bowl set) mix ground beef, almond flour, eggs, chopped parsley
- Add the onions and mix again
- With about 2/3 – 3/4 of the meat mixture, line a glass loaf pan, forming a cavity in the middle. Try to keep the edges even.
- Line the cavity with half the cheese slices (4-6)
- Top with the remaining meat mixture to cover the cavity / cheese
- Add the remaining cheese slices to the top.
- Cover with foil and bake at 400 degrees for 50 minutes
- Take off the foil top and bake for another 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and the edges brown.
- Drain excess grease in pan before removing the meatloaf.
- Let cool slightly before slicing and serving
Ingredients are calculated based on the information provided and are an estimate. Use an app like My Fitness Pro to calculate nutritional information for your specific ingredients.
Serving Size :1 slice
Saturated Fat 13g
Trans Fat 1g
Sodium 407 mg