Make the best homemade breakfast burritos filled with scrambled eggs, cheese, and all the bacon. Quick and easy recipe for mornings around the campfire. Enjoy! 😉
- 9 slices bacon
- 2-4 tablespoons bacon grease*
- 1 large bell pepper
- 6 green onions
- 12 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 burrito size flour tortillas**
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Start by cooking the bacon.
- While the bacon’s cooking, wash and chop/mince the bell pepper and green onions.
- Sauté the vegetables in the bacon grease for 3 to 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Scramble all the eggs in with the bell pepper, green onions, salt, and pepper, cooking the egg mixture thoroughly.
- Begin assembling each breakfast wrap by adding a helping of the egg mixture to the center of each tortilla.
- If you want, you can add a little bit of hot sauce, salsa, or sour cream at this point.
- Next sprinkle on the shredded cheddar and Monterey Jack.
- Wrap your burrito by folding the ends and folding over, rolling into a nice, tight burrito wrap.
- If you want to melt the cheese more and give your tortilla a slightly crispy texture, wrap each burrito in heavy duty foil.
- Place the burritos directly on the hot coals of a campfire (or on a grill), and cook for 5-10 minutes, turning the burritos frequently to ensure they don’t burn on one side.
- Serve with sour cream, salsa, and guacamole if desired.