The best thing since sliced bread. Mostly because it’s gluten free, fried, and slathered in butter. 😉
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 2 tbsp Coconut Flour
- 2 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Falk Salt
- 1 Whole Egg + 1 Egg White
- 1 tbsp Water
- 1 tbsp Oil for frying
- 1 tbsp melted Butter-for slathering
- Whisk together the dry ingredients (flours, xanthan gum, baking powder, salt) until well combined.
- Add the egg and egg white and beat gently into the flour to incorporate. The dough will begin to form.
- Add the tablespoon of water and begin to work the dough to allow the flour and xanthan gum to absorb the moisture.
- Cut the dough in 4 equal parts and press each section out with cling wrap. Watch the video for instructions!
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add oil.
- Fry each flatbread for about 1 min on each side.
- Brush with butter (while hot) and garnish with salt and chopped parsley.
NET Carbs = 4g
*If you want a smaller portion, just cut the dough into 5 balls instead of 4!
Amount Per ServingCalories232Total Fat19gCarbohydrates9gFiber5gProtein9g