Treat yourself to this overnight croissant breakfast bake! Made incredibly easy, it’s studded with mixed berries and drizzled with a vanilla bean glaze! 🙂
- 4 large croissants sliced into 1 inch cubes
- 1 1/2 cups mixed berries (I used raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries)
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup milk (whole or 2%)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon zest
Vanilla Bean Glaze:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 Tbsp heavy cream (or half and half and milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract if you don’t have the paste)
- Grease an 8×8″ baking dish, fill with sliced croissants and mixed berries. Set aside.
- Add cream cheese to mixing bowl and beat with hand mixer until smooth. Add milk, sugar, eggs, vanilla and lemon zest and beat until combined.
- Pour mixture over croissants and berries.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove baking dish from refrigerator and let sit on the counter. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake, covered with aluminum foil, for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake uncovered for 15 minutes, until golden and when a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- While casserole is baking, add powdered sugar, heavy cream, and vanilla bean paste to a small mixing bowl and whisk to combine until smooth and pourable.
- Drizzle glaze over croissant puff after it’s finished baking. Serve warm.
You can bake this dish the same day you make it, if needed. Just be sure to let the croissant puff sit for 10-20 minutes or so before baking so the croissants can soak up some of the liquid.