Bang bang sauce is a creamy sweet and spicy chili sauce that is easy to make. I use it in a lot of recipes for dipping chicken, seafood, vegetables, just about anything really. In this recipe, I drizzle it over some crispy baked cauliflower for an easy main dish or appetizer.
- 1/2 head of cauliflower cut into bite sized florets
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs Kikkoman brand preferred for even baking
- 2 large eggs whisked
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley finely chopped (optional, for garnish)
For the Bang Bang Sauce
- 2 tbsp sweet chili sauce I bought mine from an Asian grocery store. Make sure to buy the kind that is just sauce without chili seeds
- 2 tsp hot sauce I used sriracha
- 1/4 cup light/low fat mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp honey
Preheat oven to 400°F. Dip cauliflower pieces in egg and then roll in panko until fully coated and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. You will need to use your fingers to press on the coating to help it to stick to the cauliflower bites. Repeat until all cauliflower is coated.
Bake for about 20 minutes or until coating is a dark golden brown and crunchy.
- While cauliflower is cooking, make the bang bang sauce. Add all ingredients into a small bowl and whisk until uniform and no mayonnaise lumps remain. Drizzle over finished cauliflower, reserving additional for dipping. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
Nutrition FactsAmount Per Serving (0.5 of recipe)Calories 446Calories from Fat 106% Daily Value*Fat 11.8g18%Saturated Fat 2.7g17%Polyunsaturated Fat 4.8gMonounsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 127.2mg42%Sodium 910.5mg40%Carbohydrates 65.3g22%Fiber 5.3g22%Sugar 16.7g19%Protein 15.9g32%Vitamin A 200IU4%Vitamin C 71mg86%Calcium 180mg18%Iron 4.7mg26%Net Carbs 60g120%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.