- Cooking spray, for pan
- 17 pineapple rings, fresh or canned
- 1 large salmon fillet (about 3 lbs.)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
3 tbsp. melted butter
3 tbsp. sweet chili sauce
2 tbsp. freshly chopped cilantro
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp. freshly grated ginger
2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
- Thinly sliced green onions, for garnish
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil and grease with cooking spray. In the center of the foil, lay pineapple slices in an even layer.
- Season both sides of the salmon with salt and pepper and place on top of pineapple slices.
- In a small bowl, whisk together butter, chili sauce, cilantro, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, and red pepper flakes. Brush all over salmon fillet.
- Bake until the salmon is cooked through, about 25 minutes. Switch the oven to broil, and broil for 2 minutes, or until fish is slightly golden. Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions and serve with lime wedges.