20 EASY KETO BREAKFAST RECIPES THAT’LL HELP YOU LOSE WEIGHT
You are going love these twenty easy keto breakfast recipes, especially if you’re sick of the same basic bacon and eggs for breakfast!
Now bacon and eggs with a veggie is alway my go-to breakfast on keto, but I admit it can sometimes get a little boring.
These insanely delicious keto breakfasts below are going help get you to break out of your breakfast rut!
Sometimes it can be hard to add variety to our meals, not to mention it can get pretty time consuming finding new recipes that actually taste good.
The key to this breakfast is cooking the eggs and veggies in the bacon fat. Here is a step by step for this power breakfast:
- Cook your bacon in a skillet on the stove. When your bacon is done about halfway, add your mushrooms to the pan. When I’m short on time, I don’t even chop the mushrooms, I just break them apart with my hand.
- Transfer your bacon to a bowl and add spinach to the skillet. Now you just have mushrooms and spinach cooking in the bacon fat.
- While the mushrooms and spinach are cooking, I like to shred or cut my bacon up. Then transfer your mushrooms and spinach to your bowl.
- Now it’s time to make your eggs. For this dish, I love making my eggs sunny side up or over easy because the runny yolk and bacon fat coat your entire dish and it is amazing. You can make your eggs however you like, scrambling them is good as well.
- Finally, you are going to add your eggs to your shredded bacon, mushrooms and spinach. I like to cut my eggs up and mix everything together. It is not the prettiest dish, but it is so tasty and I guarantee it will keep you full until your next meal.
1. Chorizo Omelette (Via Hey Keto Mama)
There’s nothing like a loaded omelet to make you feel full until your next meal! Chorizo is so fatty and protein-rich that you are going to feel so satisfied. I made this dish the other day and it was beyond delicious!
2. Bacon & Egg Biscuit Breakfast Sandwich (Via Mince Republic)
If you are missing those breakfast sandwiches from McDonald’s, try these instead. They’re better for you and eating something made with whole foods is going make you feel better, versus being in a fast food comatose.
3. Keto Chai Protein Shake
This keto vanilla chai protein shake is so easy to make and is so creamy! You’ll love the vanilla flavor and yummy spices of this chai, think cinnamon, clove and ginger! This is the best grab and go breakfast with only 1 net carb and 15 grams of fat.
4. Cinnamon Rolls (Via Mince Republic)
Some days you just don’t have time to sit at the table and enjoy a good meal. Reading Mince Republic’s post about this recipe reminded me you should have some “slow mornings” as Kayla says and take time for “enjoying the little moments”.
I love that, and can’t think of a better breakfast to have while sharing a meal with someone on a lazy Saturday or Sunday morning. Oh, and did I mention the cream cheese frosting?
5. Taco Breakfast Skillet (Via Peace, Love & Low Carb)
When you’re craving Mexican food, this tasty skillet is going hit the spot. Best of all it is the perfect breakfast for those busy mornings because you can throw it together in 15 minutes.
This is hands down one of my favorite keto breakfasts, although I may be a little bias, my husband created this recipe! We both LOVE stuffed peppers and he thought to make some breakfast ones!
These are stuffed with scrambled eggs, bacon, and some other fat burning ingredients. Oh and topped off with tons of cheese of course!
7. Mini Mushroom Frittatas With Cottage Cheese & Feta (Via Kalyn’s Kitchen)
Mushroom and feta pair so well together and making these frittatas mini and transportable is genius! You can keep these for a week in the fridge and pop in the microwave making them a perfect meal prep staple!
8. Coconut Flour Pancakes (Via Wholesome Yum)
Fluffy pancakes are possible on keto, the recipe has to be just right and Wholesome Yum definitely achieved this. Smother these babies in maple syrup (she gives you a sugar-free recipe) and butter and you’ve found yourself the perfect weekend breakfast.
9. Breakfast Pizza (Via Kalyn’s Kitchen)
If you are a pizza leftovers in the morning type of person, you are going really enjoy this egg crusted breakfast pizza!
And if you want more pizza yumminess, I’ve made Kalyn’s deconstructed pizza casserole multiple times for dinner and eat the leftovers for breakfast. I swear eating it cold tastes JUST like pizza. Be sure to check that one out as well, Kalyn’s recipes never disappoint!
10. Almond Crusted Breakfast Cheesecake (Via Joy Filled Eats)
Umm breakfast cheesecake, yes please! This almond crust is so good, you won’t even miss the graham cracker crust of traditional cheesecakes. Top off with some fresh berries and you have a healthy breakfast that’ll satisfy your sweet tooth.
This is one of my own homemade ideas. I love eating them for breakfast. They are so easy to make and they’ll keep you full for hours. Starting off your day with some of these is definitely getting your day started off right.
12. Sausage & Egg Pepper Rings (Via Keto Size Me)
If you’re a little sick of the same old meat and egg combo, this yummy egg and pepper ring recipe is a great way to get out of your egg funk! This keto breakfast recipe centers around basic and whole ingredients that you might already have in your kitchen, which is always nice.
13. Jalapeno Popper Egg Cups (Via ruled.me)
Think of these as little guys as jalapeno poppers in egg cup form, YUM! These give you a healthy dose of fat and protein that you can take with you anywhere.
14. Low Carb Strawberry Smoothie (Via Wholesome Yum)
Some mornings are crazy hectic and it’s nice just to grab a smoothie to go. Low in carbs and chalked full of healthy fat, this smoothie is definitely keto approved.
15. Quick Egg Breakfast Roll Ups (Via ruled.me)
Craig from ruled.me describes this breakfast as the “ultimate keto fast food”, and I couldn’t think of a better way to describe these! Another added bonus is you can prep these roll ups ahead of time and reheat them
16. Strawberry Chia Parfait (Via KetoDiet Blog)
These yogurt parfaits are naturally sweetened with strawberries and are the perfect breakfast (or snack) to take with you to work. Chia seeds are awesome because they provide you with omega-3, fatty acids, iron, and so much more!
17. Eggs Benedict Casserole (Via Peace, Love & Low Carb)
One of my favorite breakfasts of all time is eggs benedict and I never thought I’d be able to enjoy this dish again while sticking to my keto diet (RIP English muffins).
Luckily, I was mistaken and am happy to report this casserole tastes just like the real deal. Her recipe for the hollandaise sauce to go on top was so insanely good, I didn’t even miss the English muffin.
18. Lemon Blueberry Muffins (Via Keto Size Me)
Low carb and high in fat, these muffins wills save you on those days you are craving something that tastes carby, but really isn’t. The lemon gives that refreshing, zingy flavor, which complements the sweetness of the blueberries perfectly.
19. Portobello Egg “Toast” (Via Paleo Gluten Free Eats)
Eggs atop pan seared mushrooms is a great way to start off your day! Mushrooms provide you with so many nutrients like various B vitamins and are high in antioxidants. Try to add this superfood into your diet whenever possible!
20. Cinnamon Roll Waffles W/Cream Cheese Frosting (Via Joy Filled Eats)
Waffles, cinnamon rolls, and keto don’t seem like they should belong in the same sentence, but Joy Filled Eats found a way to make these keto style! These look absolutely delicious and I’m sure you will devour every last bit of the cream cheese frosting! YUM!